Computers, refrigerators, TVs, washing machines, phones and heat pumps are only a few of the electronics and appliances that can be damaged by electrical surges, such as those caused by lightning strikes.
First Electric members can enroll in Surge HELP® to help get protection from unexpected costs from surge damage for their homes’ electronics and appliances. The Surge HELP® (Home Electronics Loss Protection) plan is offered to members through HomeServe.
The repair hotline number may be called 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The plan also covers up to $125 in diagnostic/service fees for a covered repair or replacement. Other Surge HELP® benefits include:
- Protection for electronics and appliances starts for as little as $3.95 a month.
- The homeowner is reimbursed up to the program limit if damaged equipment can’t be repaired.
- No hidden fees.
- No equipment or installation required.
To make a claim or if you have questions on your bill please call – 833-521-4823.
- $3.95/month -- up to $1,000/year in protection
- $5.95/month -- up to $2,000/year in protection
- $7.95/month -- up to $3,000/year in protection
- $9.95/month -- up to $4,000/year in protection
- $11.95/month -- up to $5,000/year in protection
Please note: Payments are billed by HomeServe on a monthly or annual basis.
· Protection for electronics and appliances starts for as little as $3.95 a month.
· The homeowner is reimbursed up to the program limit if damaged equipment can’t be repaired.
· No hidden fees.
· No equipment or installation required.