First Electric Cooperative awards nine $2,000 scholarships to high school seniors living in the co-op’s five districts each year. They are funded through the member-supported Operation Round-Up program. Deadline to apply is April 30 at 5 p.m.!
Applications for the 2021 scholarships are now available. To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a high school senior whose parents or guardians are First Electric members. They must have a minimum 3.0 grade-point average through their senior year of high school and after graduation attend an accredited institute of higher learning in Arkansas on a full-time basis, which includes technical career programs.
Scholarship recipients for 2020 are:
- Julia McPeake of Benton (Benton High School)
- Abigail Brockway of Benton (Benton High School)
- Landon Johnson of Heber Springs (Heber Springs High School)
- Cameron Swain of Mount Vernon (Rose Bud High School)
- Dania Alami of Lonoke (Cabot High School)
- Rebecca Morse of Cabot (Cabot High School)
- Landon Valdez of McRae (Searcy High School)
- Allee Southerland of Paron (Perryville High School)
- Jacob Key of Humphrey (Dewitt High School)