First Electric Cooperative awards a $2,000 scholarship to one high school senior in each of the co-op’s five districts each year.They are funded through the member-supported Operation Round-Up program.
Congratulations to the five students selected to receive scholarships in 2018!
- Jax Belin of Hot Springs Village (Jessieville High School)
- Riley Cornett of Locust Grove (Concord High School)
- Ann Marie Covington of Ward (Beebe High School)
- Hunter Lawrence of Perryville (Perryville High School)
- Carly Watkins of DeWitt (DeWitt High School)
Applications for the 2019 scholarships will be available here and at First Electric offices Feb. 1. To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a high school senior whose parents or guardians are First Electric members. They must have a minimum 3.0 grade-point average through their senior year of high school and after graduation attend an accredited institute of higher learning in Arkansas on a full-time basis.