First Electric Cooperative awards nine $2,000 scholarships to high school seniors living in the co-op’s five districts each year. They are funded through the member-supported Operation Round-Up program. Applications are closed for 2021. Applications for 2022 will be available on February 1.
To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a high school senior whose parents or guardians are First Electric members. To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a high school senior whose parents or guardians are First Electric members. They must have a minimum 3.0 grade-point average through their senior year of high school and after graduation attend an accredited institute of higher learning in Arkansas on a full-time basis, which includes technical career programs.
Scholarship recipients for 2021 are:
- Tuesday Melton of Bauxite; Benton High School
- Julio Acosta of Bauxite; Bauxite High School
- Diego Rubio of Heber Springs; Heber Springs High School
- Abigail West of Ida; Concord High School
- Lee Glover-Langdon of Lonoke; Lonoke High School
- Eliza Smith of Austin; Cabot High School
- Aleigha Smith of Searcy; Searcy High School
- Avery Mahan of Houston; Bigelow High School
- Jessalyn Ahrens of DeWitt; DeWitt High School