Small Change That Changes Lives - More than $1.21 million funded in donations since 1998!
Operation Round-Up allows First Electric members to help support worthwhile projects in our communities.
Participating in Operation Round-Up is easy. Each month, First Electric simply "rounds up" the electric bill of participating members to the next highest dollar. For example, a member's monthly bill of $52.73 would be rounded up to $53, with the additional 27 cents going to the Operation Round-Up Trust fund. Donations are tax deductible, and participating members are sent a summary of their yearly contributions in December and January.
The Operation Round-Up Trust fund is overseen by a nine-member board of community members, who are selected to serve by First Electric's board of directors. The trustees meet quarterly to review donation applications and select the recipients. First Electric pays all administrative expenses for the program, which allows all "rounded up" monies to be used for nonprofit donations and college scholarships. Since its inception in 1998, the Operation Round-Up program has awarded more than $1.211 million in donations to nonprofit organizations and college scholarships.
Meetings are held the first week of each quarter. The deadlines for nonprofit donation requests will be as follows:
1st Quarter deadline – March 15
2nd Quarter deadline – June 15
3rd Quarter deadline – September 15
4th Quarter deadline –November 15
Members can sign up below, call 800-489-7405 or stop by a First Electric office. Nonprofit organizations that would like to apply for funds can download the application or pick it up at a First Electric office.
(Get Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the pdf above.)
Operation Round-Up recipients for second quarter 2020
Congratulations to the 15 nonprofit organizations that received Operation Round-Up donations in July! And thank you to the First Electric members who help support their community by volunteering to have their electric bill rounded up each month.
Recipients by county includes:
- UU Computers for Kids, $1,500.
- Cooperative Christian Ministries and Clinic, $1,000.
- Beyond Boundaries, $1,500.
- Options Pregnancy Center, $1,500.
- Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Monroe County, $1,000.
- Perry County Arts League, $500.
- Renewal Ranch, $1,500.
- Perry County Historical Museum, $500.
- Adona Volunteer Fire Department, $2,000.
- Perry County Day Services Center, $2,000.
- Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Prairie County, $1,000.
- Civitan Services, $1,500.
- Imagination Library of Saline County, $1,500.
- New Beginnings Pregnancy Resource Center, $1,500.
- Pangburn Fire Department, $2,000.