First Electric members fund donations to 12 nonprofits
Posted on January 27th, 2022
First Electric Cooperative’s member-supported Operation Round-Up program awarded $18,100 to 12 local organizations in December.
Members who enroll in Operation Round-Up volunteer to have their electric bill rounded up to the next even dollar amount each month. They have donated more than $1.36 million for local service organizations and scholarships for high school seniors since 1998. Members may enroll by calling 800-489-7405 or by submitting this form.
The Operation Round-Up Trust fund is overseen by a nine-member board of community members, who are selected to serve by First Electric’s board of directors. The trustees meet quarterly to review donation applications and select the recipients.
Recipients by county include:
• Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Arkansas County — $1,200
• CASA of the 16th Judicial District — $2,000
• Conway County Center for Exceptional Children — $1,000
• Lifelong Learning Institute — $1,000
• Cabot Christmas Alliance — $2,500
• Renewal Ranch — $1,000
• Beautiful Feet. Beautiful Minds. — $1,000
• Operation Warm Heart — $2,000
• United Cerebral Palsy of Central Arkansas — $1,500
• West Pulaski Fire Protection District — $2,200
• Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Stone County — $1,200
• El Paso Parks and Playgrounds Association — $1,500