Nine students to receive Round-Up scholarships
Posted on June 23rd, 2020
First Electric awarded a $2,000 college scholarship to nine recent high school graduates living in the cooperative’s five districts. The scholarships were funded by the co-op’s Operation Round-Up program.
Scholarship recipients for 2020 are:
- Dania Alami of Lonoke (Cabot High School)
- Abigail Brockway of Benton (Benton HighSchool)
- Landon Johnson of Heber Springs (HeberSprings High School)
- Jacob Key of Humphrey (Dewitt High School)
- Julia McPeake of Benton (Benton High School)
- Rebecca Morse of Cabot (Cabot High School)
- Allee Southerland of Paron (Perryville HighSchool)
- Cameron Swain of Mount Vernon (Rose BudHigh School)
- Landon Valdez of McRae (Searcy HighSchool)
First Electric members who participate in Operation Round-Up volunteer to have their monthly electric bill rounded up to the next even dollar amount.
Since 1998, the Operation Round-Up program has awarded over $1.19 million in donations to nonprofit organizations and college scholarships.