Nine students to receive Round-Up scholarships
Posted on June 24th, 2019
First Electric awarded a $2,000 college scholarship to nine recent high school graduates living in the cooperative’s five districts. The scholarships were funded by the co-op’s Operation Round-Up program.
Scholarship recipients for 2019 are:
- Faith Birmingham of Greers Ferry (West Side High School)
- Morgan Brazeal of Humnoke (Carlisle High School)
- Zachary Dickson of Cabot (Cabot High School)
- Morgan Pierce of Rose Bud (Rose Bud High School)
- Paige Lasiter of Lonoke (Cabot High School)
- Margaret Martin of Cabot (Cabot High School)
- Chase Pedersen of Hot Springs Village (Jessieville High School)
- Kathleen Weston of Benton (Benton High School)
- Casey Whitener of Perry (Morrilton High School)
First Electric members who participate in Operation Round-Up volunteer to have their monthly electric bill rounded up to the next even dollar amount.
Since 1998, the Operation Round-Up program has awarded more than $1.07 million in donations to nonprofit organizations and college scholarships.
Members may enroll in Operation Round-Up by visiting www.firstelectric.coop/operation-round-up or by calling 800-489-7405.