Members fund donations to 14 local nonprofits
Posted on December 28th, 2018
Thanks to members who participate in Operation Round-Up, $21,750 was donated to 14 local organizations in December.
These members volunteer to have their bill rounded up to the next even dollar amount each month. That money — an average of $6 a year — is used for donations to local organizations and for college scholarships. To date, Operation Round-Up has donated more than $1.04 million.
The Operation Round-Up Trust fund is overseen by a nine-member board of community members, who are selected to serve by First Electric’s board of directors. The trustees meet quarterly to review donation applications and select the recipients.
Recipients by county include:
- Arkansas County 4-H Foundation, $2,000
- Drasco Fire Department, $2,250
- Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Cleburne County, $1,500
- The CALL of Cleburne County, $1,500
- Cabot Christmas Alliance, $1,000
- Sixteenth Section Community Center, $2,500
- Literacy Council of Monroe County, $500
- Perryville Volunteer Fire Dept., $3,000
- Morrilton Human Relations Council, $1,500
- Hearts & Hooves, $1,000
- North Pulaski Community Complex, $1,000
- Pulaski County Youth Services, $1,000
- LRAFB First Sergeants Council - Operation Warm Heart, $2,000
- Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund, $1,000