Report by phone call
Dial 888-827-3322 to report a power outage. If the automated system doesn’t recognize your number, it will ask for one on file. You may either enter the number using the touch-tone buttons or by saying the number aloud. If you wish, you may leave a voice message with details about the outage. Once your account location has been confirmed, crews will be dispatched.
Call any time your power is out and do not assume that others have reported the outage. Once you make your outage report, please do not report the outage again unless an emergency arises.
Report by text
First Electric Cooperative offers you the ability to report an outage via text. Signing up is easy:
- Create a new text message on your cell phone.
- Type “FECC” in the body of the message.
- Send the text to number 85700.
Please note that the cell phone you use must be on file with First Electric. You can call 800-489-7405 to add the number to your account. Please allow at least 24 hours for the system to update before reporting an outage via text.
In the event of a power outage, simply text “OUT” to 85700. The system will ask you to confirm your address and then send restoration status updates when you request them.
- “STATUS” – You will be sent a restoration update on the outage, including an estimated time of restoration if available.
- “HELP” – You will be sent the outage reporting number 888-827-3322.
- “FECC STOP” – You no longer will receive notifications until you enroll again.
The co-op does not charge for this service, but standard text messaging rates from your carrier still apply. Need help? Call First Electric at 800-489-7405.
Click here for the latest weather conditions from the National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office in Little Rock.